Our care homes are driven by the needs, abilities and the aspirations of the people who live there but we also know that the leadership of each home is critical to its operation. To ensure
that the quality of service delivery is maintained to a high standard at all times, the following have been established:
- The appointment of a Manager who is registered with the CQC and appropriately qualified, competent and experienced in the services provided.
- A management approach which creates an open, positive and inclusive environment.
- Policies and procedures which safeguard service user's best interests, including their financial affairs, safe administration of medicines and the recuitment and retention of staff.
- Thorough induction, on-going training, appraisal and regular supervision of all staff.
- The maintenance of timely and accurate records in all aspects of the service users and the home.
- The promotion and protection of the health, safety and welfare of all service users and staff.
- Regular reviews of all the systems to monitor quality.
- Regular reviews of individual placements and care planning.
- Systems to identify, monitor and manage risks to individuals living, working and visiting our care homes.
- A robust and confidential complaints and whistleblowing policy which allows individuals to come forward with any concerns that they may have without fear that they will be treated unfairly as a
result of raising a concern.
- Appropriate systems for gathering and recording information about the quality and safety of the care and support provided in our care homes.