All individuals living in our care homes can expect:
- Policies and prodedures to be implemented and understood by staff which will in turn ensure their health, safety and well being aswell as to safeguard them from the risk of abuse.
- To be cared for by staff who have had their backgrounds checked prior to working by obtaining professional references and an enhanced CRB/ISA check.
- To be respected and be involved in their care and to be told of what's happening at every stage.
- To receive care, treatment and support that meets their needs.
- To be safe from harm.
- To be cared for by staff with the right skills to do their jobs properly.
- Quality checks to be carried out in the home in which they live so as to ensure compliance.
- A robust complaints policy in place which allows individuals to confidently raise a concern about the service which they receive knowing that they will be listened to and will not be
discriminated against for making a complaint.
- To be cared for by staff who fully understand the principles of safeguarding and who are aware of their own individual role and responsibility.
- To be cared for by staff who promote empowerment, work with person-centred values and who manage risk and work proactively.
- To be cared for by a staff team comprising of a diversity of gender, ethnicity and cultural backgrounds which reflect the local community and the needs of the service users.